Wednesday, May 20, 2009

strange things are afoot at the circle k

After a little over six months at this "new job", I'm finally feeling like I can predict how busy I'm going to be and therefore how much down time I might have to do other kinds of writing. So I'm setting myself a challenge for the next year: I have a thesis chapter to adapt into a journal article; a conference paper to adapt into an article for one of my favourite sites ; and, most momentously of all - and rather inspired by the dedication and success of the lovely Andrea - I'm rededicating this year of writerly thinking to the BOOK. Yes, I may even have to put a word-count tool in eventually . . . once I've figured out how one does that. There'll still be rants, clothes and other Kate-like stuff, but I'm going to try and use this blog to make me write. I have money, and a room of my own, so there's really no excuse now.

4 comments:

  1. Very awesome! That site does indeed look good. What book is it you speak of?

    Rob (not Susi like it says) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so sure about the room of your own (despite the Viginia Woolf reference) - but this sounds ambitious and exciting. And in any case - as a huge fan of Bill and Ted, I'll pay regular visits to see if you continue to tip your hat to them in future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! I'm glad my Sisyphean labours (well, they weren't really, but sometimes they felt like it) have inspired you. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete